Group Companies including Fujita Kanko Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Group”) recognize corporate responsibilities and obligations to appropriately handle customers’ personal information, and take all measures to comply with the rules and policies to handle personal information and all laws and guidelines appropriately use personal information related to the protection of personal information while properly using personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Laws and Regulations”).
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Group will acquire customers’ personal information in the following ways when dealing with the transactions on the operation of facilities such as wedding halls, banquet halls, restaurants, lodging facilities, leisure facilities, golf courses, and so forth (hereafter collectively referred to as “Facilities”) and products (accommodations, banquets, food, sales of goods, provision and sales of additional products, provision of services, operation of events, etc.), transactions with business operators in partnerships with the Group and other transactions:
① Acquisition directly from the customer
Telephone calls, documents (including electronic records), business cards, verbal communication, Internet, etc.;
②Acquisition from the entity that has received a legitimate authority from the customer
Utilization applicants, intermediaries, travel service providers, business partners, and business operators accepting applications for package products or other products; and
③ Acquisition from publicly available information
Internet, newspapers, telephone directories, books and other publications, etc.
2. Purpose of Using Personal Information
The Group will use personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes and will not use personal information for any other purpose unless prior consent has been given:
(1) Handling transactions related to the Facilities and products (accommodations, banquets, food, sales of goods, provision and sales of additional products, provision of services, operation of events, etc.), correspondences related to transactions with business operators in partnerships with the Group and other deals, shipping of goods, calculation of payment and prices, and related matters;
(2) Responding to inquiries, requests, etc. to the Group;
(3) Notifying and sending the customer a letter of notice, advertisement, promotion, survey, or other communication related to the operations of the Group, tenants (restaurants, shops, service desks and other tenants managed by operators other than the Group and operating or residing by the legitimate right on land or in buildings owned or managed by the Group) or business partners by e-mail, postal mail, courier, telephone, facsimile, or other means;
(4) Identifying and analyzing the use of the service in order to improve, develop, market, etc. the service related to the products of our group, lessees and affiliates;
(5) Appropriately providing information on the websites of the Group, providing reservation services, taking security measures, maintaining and managing the websites, statistically analyzing use status, and sending ads by associated third parties with the cookies, IP addresses, browser type, location information, etc. acquired in the websites of the Group;
"(6) Managing and operating each membership organization of the Group (membership organizations serving THE FUJITA MEMBERS and other membership card holders, Wisterian Life Club members, Club Fujita members, and couples who had wedding ceremonies at Fujita Kanko, etc.) and
also offering services to members and for matters related to offering these services; and"
(7) Creating, keeping and preserving the list of guests defined by the Laws and Regulations.
3. Legal Ground for Using Personal Information
The Group bases its legal grounds for using personal information on the consent of the customer, the need to implement the contract with the customer, the need to respond to the customer requests before entering into the contract, the need to meet legitimate interests pursued by the Group or a third party, or the need to observe the legal duties of the Group.
These legitimate interests pursued by the Group or a third party correspond to the provision of services to customers, the increase of operating profits by marketing and service improvements, etc., and the enhancement of usability and security, etc. at the Group’s websites.
4. Providing and Sharing Personal Information
(1) Except for cases required by the Laws and Regulations, the Group will not disclose or provide personal information acquired to third parties without the customer's permission.
(2) The Group may entrust the handling of personal information to a third party which perform its duties on behalf of the Group within the scope of the purposes of use, but to entrust the handling of personal information to any third party, the Group must select an appropriate entrustee, and provide necessary and appropriate management and supervision to the entrustee.
(3) The Group shares following personal information within the Group to improve and provide better services to customers:
① Items of shared personal information
(a) The customer’s basic information (including address, name, gender, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, postal address, etc.);
(b) Additional information of the customer (occupation, workplace information [company name, address, phone number, department, position], wedding anniversary, family information [name, relationship, date of birth], etc.);
(c) Payment information (credit card number, bank account information, billing address, etc.);
(d) Records of service use (use of facilities, product purchases, etc.);
(e) Content of correspondence (e-mail, form entry on website, fax, phone memo, letter, survey response, etc.);
(f) Information collected using security systems (security cameras, card keys, etc.);
(g) Information collected automatically from the websites of the Group (cookies, IP address, browser type, date of access, etc.); and
(h) Items written on the lodging list (address, name, occupation, nationality, passport number, age, previous lodging, next destination, arrival date, departure date, room name, etc.).
② The scope of sharing personal information: Within the Group*
③ Purpose of sharing and using within the Group: Same as Paragraph 2 above
④Company responsible for management: Fujita Kanko Inc.
5. Transfer of Personal Information to Third Country from Japan
The Group may transfer personal information acquired outside of Japan in order to respond to customer requests or to communicate with customers prior to the conclusion of the contract.
The Group uses appropriate methods to ensure security and confidentiality when handling customers' personal information.
6. Period of Retaining Personal Information
The Group will retain personal information only within the period necessary to achieve the aforementioned purpose, and eliminate or anonymize the personal information in a secure and safe way within a reasonable period.
7. Access to Personal Information, Rectification or Deletion of Personal Information, Demand for Limitation of Use of Personal Information, Objection to Use of Personal Information, and Data Portability
"The customer has the rights as defined below by the Laws and Regulations. The customer may exercise these rights by contacting the service desk of the Group that handles personal information.
If the customer exercises these rights, the Group will faithfully respond to the customer after the identity verification procedures except in cases deemed exceptional by the Laws and Regulations."
(1) The right to access personal information
The customer has the right to confirm whether his or her personal information has been used, and to look out the information and additional information if such information has been used.
(2) The right to rectify personal information
The customer has the right to rectify his or her personal information if it is inaccurate.
(3) The right to delete personal information
The customer has the right to delete his or her personal information in certain cases.
(4) The right to limit the use of personal information
The customer has the right to limit the use of his or her personal information in certain cases.
(5) The right to object to the use of personal information
The customer has the right to object to the use of his or her personal information by the Group and third parties.
(6) The right of data portability
The customer has the right to receive personal data from the Group in a commonly used and machine-readable format and provide it to other operators without hindrance of the Group.
8. Withdrawal of Consent
The customer may withdraw his or her consent to use personal information at any time.
The withdraw of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing personal information based on consent before its withdrawal.
The customer may withdraw his or her consent by contacting the service desk of the Group that handles personal information.
9. Filing Complaint with Supervisory Authority
The customer may file a complaint concerning the handling of personal information by the Group to the relevant supervisory authority in a country, region or international organization of the customer according to the Laws and Regulations.
10. Personal Information Required to Be Acquired for Transactions Related to the Group’s Facilities and Products
The Group needs the following information for transactions related to the Group’s Facilities and products, and
if this information is not provided, the Group may not be able to conduct transactions related to the Facilities and products:
(1) The customer’s basic information (including address, name, gender, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, postal address, etc.); and
(2) Items written on the list of guests (address, name, occupation, nationality, passport number, age, previous accommodation, next destination, arrival date and time, departure date and time, room name, etc.)
11. Existence of Automated Decision-making, Including Profiling
The Group will not make decisions solely based on automated operations like profiling of personal information.
12. Regarding Safe Management of Personal Information
(1) The Group endeavors to maintain accurate and updated personal information to the extent necessary for the purposes of use and takes appropriate measures for security in recognition of the risks of leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
(2) The Group works to make improvements and updates from time to time in order to maintain the internal systems for the protection of personal information.
Revision Date: Thursday, June 21, 2018